 Robotics / Handy Board / 6198
RE: SHARP new product
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 13:24:22 GMT

It seems the advantage is you don't have to worry about the control line,
the gp2d12 does it all, alleviating the need for the interrupt routines...
-Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: shsc9801@condor.stcloudstate.edu
[mailto:shsc9801@condor.stcloudstate.edu]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 1999 8:58 AM
To: Joe Marie J. Maja
Cc: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: Re: SHARP new product

I was looking at that this weekend.  I am presently using 4 gp2d02's and am
about to order 2 more.  the distance on these gp2d12's is no different and
I think one might have more control over the gp2d02 since you control the
digital output to it (correct me if I am wrong).  Of course, if you do not
have that digital output available, then the gp2d12 might be better.

Scott

Hello everyone,

Sharp recently release the new GP2D12 (General Purpose Distance
Measuring Sensors).  Which performs same as the GP2D02.

The new product have only 3 pins - Vo, Gnd, and 5V.  Vo is an analog
output, which means you can use it on any available analog ports of
Handyboard.  You can connect it directly to PE0 - PE7.

With this, you can use the analog(int ) command to get the distance.
Much simpler than using the GP2D02.   And another thing, the supply is
5V.

You can find the data sheet in this site:

http://www.sharp.co.jp/ecg/NewProducts/NewProducts.html#gp

joema

Scott Sherman
IT Spec. II