 Robotics / Handy Board / 6192
    Re: charger —Eat Bugs!
   (...) I'm relying on non-handyboard experience here, but I'm going to assume that's too much. One amp is a heavy load, and although there's a 5v regulator on the circuit, I'd guess that it's not rated for 1 amp (it may just run hot) and might not be (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: charger —Nick Taylor
   Hi all: The problem with using a wall wart that is NOT 12 V @ 500 mA is this: most wall warts are _not_ regulated, and they have a fairly high internal impedance. If there is no load on a "12 V" unit, the output voltage will likely be at least 18 V, (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)