 Robotics / Handy Board / 6185
Re: Motor driver source
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 20:03:46 GMT

"Eat Bugs!" wrote:
<snip>
Does anybody have a source for the L293D motor driver IC from
SGS-Thompson? I'm building a 6811F1 and a 6816 based robot, and I can't
find a source for the driver. The Handyboard parts list just says that
SGS-Thompson is the manufacturer. Thanks.

Dear Mr. Bugs:
   The SN754410 by T.I. is a direct replacement for the L293D and
it handles more current.  It is the chip that Gleason Research
installs on its HandyBoards.  Acroname stocks the part:
   http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/parts.html

Have fun,
- - - Nick - - -