 Robotics / Handy Board / 6159
6158  |  6160
Subject:
connecting an IR sensor to the board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 09:18:30 GMT

Hi!
We've been trying to connect an ARTEK "photo-electric" sensor. It is the
kind that can be used as a switch : it can only "see" a piece of
reflective plastic (like the ones found on a bike, or cat's eyes).
However, its supposed to work on 12V. It has 4 wires: ground, 12v,
signal and mode. We checked the wires when connected to an external
power source, and apparently the digital signal is given between the
signal and mode wires. How do I connect this sensor to the HB? I know I
can use the '+' and '-' on the expansion board for about 10V, thats
fine, but do I plug the 'signal' and 'mode' wires in the signal and 5v
of a digital port? that doesnt seem to work. is there a common ground I
have to connect to ?
Has anyone tried to connect a sensor like this before?
I could use your help...

Guy.