 Robotics / Handy Board / 6129
6128  |  6130
Subject:
GCC/HC11
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 22:37:02 GMT

Just to let everyone know:  I think I may have found a new compiler bug
with the GCC/HC11 C-compiler.  When I did this:

c = d = serial_getchar();

My program didn't work correctly.  If I did this instead:

c = serial_getchar();
d = c;

It worked fine.

I'll try to get a chance to look at this later, but just thought that
anyone else playing around with GCC would like to know about it.

I managed to test out the DC motor controller code this weekend, and it
works fine.  I also tweaked all of the interrupt code to disable
interrupts for the shortest possible time.  I'll get that new library onto
the ftp site in the next day or two.

Servo code is probably next, but I'm waiting to see how the discussion
turns out on the legbots mailing list before I decide how to implement it.

Anyone else playing with GCC?

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin
"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U