 Robotics / Handy Board / 6125
Re: handyboard clock speed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 20:04:09 GMT

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Fred Martin wrote:

if you need more speed, write in assembly (maybe using IC's ICB
interface), or use ImageCraft's icc11 (www.imagecraft.com) native C
compiler.  OR, give a try to Kurt Konolige's "IC Native" port of the
freeware Interactive C.  see

Not going to mention the free Otto/Steven/Keith/Curt GCC-2.8.1 HC11 port?
I'm hurt.   ;-)

Maybe you need to add my web & ftp pages to your free software page, now
that I have a GCC Handyboard library available?  GCC/HC11 patches are
available there too.

http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/a/archer

BTW:  Latest issue of Linux Journal (May 1999), page 88 has a nice article
written by a professor in England who's using an 811E2 board with GCC to
teach.  There's also Dr. Steven Barnicki at Michigan School of Engineering
using the DOS GCC compiler (DJGPP) and an HC11 board in the curriculum.

A friend just told me about an 8051 back-end to the GCC compiler as well,
and I'm trying to track down that link.  Perhaps we could get that one
combined with the HC11 back-end and have one set of sources for both
cross-compilers.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin
"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U