 Robotics / Handy Board / 6107
  Electrolytic Capacitor Ratings [was Re: Choosing Parts?]

(...) listed (...) Your comments aren't taken as being harsh, but I'm still not sure I agree. Now I must say that my comments are based on something I heard in the rummer mill, but it still sounds plausible. What I heard goes like this. Electrolytic (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Electrolytic Capacitor Ratings [was Re: Choosing Parts?]

Kind of. Electrolytics are indeed made by plates in a conductive solution, however when the voltage increases, it pulls the plates together (standard columbs law stuff). When you exceed the rated voltage the force on the plates is enough to pull the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Electrolytic Capacitor Ratings [was Re: Choosing Parts?]

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:21:14 -0700 From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com> Kind of. Electrolytics are indeed made by plates in a conductive solution, however when the voltage increases, it pulls the plates together (standard columbs law (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)