 Robotics / Handy Board / 6089
Re: Handyboard sudden turn off`
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 23:49:14 GMT

Phillip,

This happened to me once, and it was because I had an electrolytic capacitor
installed backwards.  You obviously have something drawing a lot of current,
so if you check the caps and everything looks ok, it is somewhere else.
Lacking any better method, try placing your finger on each component and find
what else is getting hot besides the voltage regulator.  If that doesn't turn
up anything, take out all the IC's and anything else you can unplug and start
testing again as you replace things until the problem repeats.  That will
probably lead to the problem.

Remember, this is supposed to be FUN!

Best Regards,

Gary Livick
http://www.lightwaverobotics.com

phillip chia wrote:

Hi ,
I really need help. It's urgent!!!
When I turn on the HD, the LCD did not appear anything Moreover, the
program is not running running once I download and pressed start. The worst
part is that the U13 LM7805 CTB is getting HOT that can burn my finger in
just a short while.

Once I let the LM7805 to cool down for at least 15 minutes, and start to
press the start button again,  program is running again and the LM7805 is
not hot .

currently, the battery I using is NiMH 9.6V , 1.3 Ah on the  HD.

Is there any damaged in certain components?

rgds,
phillip