 Robotics / Handy Board / 6080
6079  |  6081
Subject:
Connection Serial Board <-> Handy Board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 07:59:56 GMT

Dear Handy Board user,

I have several question regarding the Handy Board, but first I want to
ask you about the connection between the Serial and the CPU Board.

1. I saw in the part list the use of a RJ11 6/4 top entry at the CPU
side and the use of RJ12 6/6 side entry. Why 6/6 since I saw from the
schematic it uses only 4 connections from 6? Can I use FCC68 side entry
6/4 for both side, or is there another reason like space, since I can
not find RJ12 in a very big catalog in Germany? The use of 6/6 confused
me.

2. How about the pin connection of the telephone cable? Pin 2 and 5
should be inverted, since from 68HC11 point of view, PD0 or RxD receives
data and TxD or PD1 send data . Is this correct? I saw in the serial
interface schematic, that pin 2 uses the t2in (pin 10 from MAX232CPE)
and pin 5 the r2out (pin 9 MAX232CPE). This mean the cable has to be
inverted.

3. About the voltage monitor DS1233-10, can I use DS1233A-10? Does it
have the same pin configuration? The body is a TO92 body.

4. Where should I give attention, if not buying parts from Digikey,
Jamaeco and Mouser? Since I read somewhere about the problem of putting
parts into the PCB holes etc. Strange but it is hardly to find a 2%
polyprop capacitor in Germany (Strange country).

I am very please if somebody is willing to answer it. Therefore I thank
you in advance.

best regards,

jos runarko

josr0633@sp.zrz.tu-berlin.de