 Robotics / Handy Board / 6070
Re: Wireless communication with the Handyboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 06:21:48 GMT

DjKOz97@aol.com wrote:

So here is the question:
On the Handyboard side: Is it possible to somehow monitor a pin on the 68HC11
to see whether it is transmitting or receiving? I plan to use this pin to
enable only one Tx/ Rx pair at a time. (The Linx Tx/ Rx modules have a power
down pin for this purpose).
On the PC side: Could I use the DTR, CTS, and RTS serial pins to perform the
same function?
I am confident that the wireless link works in the simplex mode, since I was
able to transmit an analog audio signal from a Walkman to a Stereo!
Any thoughts on the matter would be highly appreciated.
David Nagel
New Jersey Institute of Technology.

I was doing some work on wireless between two boards using the DVP board.
Though, I can't answer directly your problem coz you are using a computer as
your other transceiver.  So mine was a little bit easy, but maybe you can get
something from here:

The connection  was basically the same with the wired one by Mr. Eacmen.  pa7
and use the pd0 of the other transceiver board.  Which also means that I am
using one pin for Tx(PA7) and another one for Rx(PD0).  (Some of the
initialization code were from Dr. Martin and Dr. Sargent  - Arigatou!)

PD0 is the one that's connected with the Tx of the Rs232 in the computer so
maybe you can use it.  My configuration is: I only read my data once the
transmitter is directly  infront of  my other bot, where commands are something
like to put this can on the red trash and this soap to another trash, which
again simplify my usage of RF.

If there is something I can be of further help.  Email onegai shimasu.

joema