 Robotics / Handy Board / 6066
6065  |  6067
Subject:
Beyond the jitters...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:25:17 GMT

Well my code does make constant calls to printf() and motor() (although
with the original PWM code).   I did notice the jitters more on the low end.

now I've put aside the head rotation and sonar routines and will start
on the encoders.  I am interested in using the servo as a head mounted
sensor platform in order to perform tracking.  The idea is that by
sweeping the head a sensor map (sonar, pyro, beacon) is created and a
heading is chosen.  Does anyone know of a good resource for the types
of algolrythms involved in sensor mapping...
Thanks for the reply,
-Drew

"wired@cmu.edu" 04/13/99 11:29pm >>>
My HB is totally new, and I also have the "jitters".  However, I have never
Zap charged the unit.  Although when we observed the jitters we were
excessievly calling printf()...  We more promenently noticed the jitters
when
running 2 9V motors (with smooth PWM code).  The jitters only occures
in the
range 20 - 30... You can probably best notice this by using the knob to
set
the PWM rate of the motors directly...

ian