 Robotics / Handy Board / 6032
Re: Rangingproblems with Sharp GP2D02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:40:26 GMT

Thomas Hauri wrote:

Hi all
I just finished rewriting the GP2D02 routines by Kent.
Seems all to work just fine....except that I don't get readings below
around 55.

I'm looking at the Sharp data sheet, and they have a chart that shows
decimal distance measuring output vs distance to object in centimeters, and
they indicate the minimum reading to be around decimal 59 to 64 depending
on object reflectivity.  That says to me that you will never have a 0
return as long as the sensor is working.

Good luck,

Gary Livick (and Max)
http://www.lightwaverobotics.com

Thanks :))))