 Robotics / Handy Board / 6031
6030  |  6032
Subject:
Expansion Board Servo timing...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 20:31:18 GMT

How sensitive are the exp bd servo routines to many processes running
concurrently.  My servo works fine in a stand alone test file but when I
include it in my main code it gets the "nervous shakes", as if the timing
pulse is fluctuating ( I don't have a scope to verify this).  The main code
starts separate processes for Sharp GP2D02, Photo, Bump, Pyro, User
(scans start button) and a Sonar which I disabled.  Some of these
sensors are located on a servo controlled head.  What's up?? Am I just
trying to do too much? Can the processes be assigned more or less
"ticks" to resolve this?  Thanks for any suggestions.....
-Drew