 Robotics / Handy Board / 6024
Re: Increasing current output to motors on HandyBoard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 00:03:16 GMT

Actually, if you have been following this thread, there are several
ideas that have come up, including the solid state relay (reliable, high
current, but SPST, moderate cost ), transistor to up the
current(reliable, mded current, low cost, but SPST), mechanical relay
(requires driver, mod cost, multiple configurations, reliable to 10's of
thousands of cycles.)

K.L. McKinnon

Terry P. Gathright wrote:

Hi,
Anyone know where I can purchase a commercial unit that I can operate
automobile starter type relays from the COMOS outputs on the handyboard
expansion board? only 5 mA per output.
Or would it be eaiser to fabricate? I don't want to damage the
outputs.
                                        Thanks in advance
                                        Terry  P. Gathright