 Robotics / Handy Board / 5954
Re: ICC11 setup help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 20:05:49 GMT

Imagecraft has a HB library (written by Chuck McManis) that can be
downloaded from their web site. This library makes it very easy to compile
programs for the HB.

download it and copy all the *.h files to the ICC INCLUDE directory
copy libhb.a to the ICC LIB directory

In ICC under  Options>Compiler>Linker  I used the following settings
Text section 0xC000
Data section 0x8000
Stack 0xdFFF
Heap 0x0
make sure library path is set to the location of your ICC lib directory
(mine is d:\aps\icc5\lib)
Under additional libraries,  type in libhb

this is what works for me. You can change the address locations depending
on how large/small your program is, since this determines where your code
and variables are located.

Chuck has included a number of demo program that you can now load and
compile. They all worked fine.
I use the built in downloader in ICC to download s19 programs to the hc11.
This work well compared to other downloaders that I have used.  I have a
fast PC (pII 450) and other dl's seem to give inconsistent serial results
especially under Windows.  Under Option>Terminal  I have it set to Com2 and
9600baud.  Flow control is None

Hope this helps.

regards,

Jim