 Robotics / Handy Board / 5911
    Polaroid Sonar Device fried!!!! —SCOTT SHERMAN
   The C3279 chip ("Q1") on my sonar device fried. I checked the expansion board and it is assembled correctly. I am not sure why it would fry. I added the 0.1uF electrolytic capacitor to C7 position as stated in the sonar.html site and suggeted by an (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Polaroid Sonar Device fried!!!! —Will Bain
   (...) The most common causes would probably be: (1) Not having a transducer hooked up when the ping is initiated; (2) Having the flat flex cable plugged in backwards (you can't trust the stripe to be on the correct side! Make sure pin 1 goes to (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)