 Robotics / Handy Board / 5863
5862  |  5864
Subject:
Using the DC to DC converter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:43:54 GMT

Hi,
I intend to use a 5V source battery going thru a DC to DC converter to get
a 12V source. Then this 12v will connect to my diffuse sensor which
operrate at 12V.

The sensor's current consumption maximum is  35mA.
If the output Watt of the DC-DC convertor at the 12v source is 1W, can I
said that the the current is   1/12 = 83mA   (P=VI)  ?

If the current supply to the sensor is  83mA and the sensor co
nsumption is max 35mA, will it damaged my sensor ? Or should I use less
than 35mA ?
My battery source is 5V,1.3Ah before going thru the convertor.

rgds,
phillip