 Robotics / Handy Board / 5740
Re: Hamamatsu P5587
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 21:13:21 GMT

I'm not an ASCII artist, so I'll attempt a verbal description.

View the P5587 with the emitter/detector side facing you and
have two pins on the left and three on the right.  In this
position pin-1 is in the upper left corner, pin-2 in the
lower left, pin-3 in the lower right, pin-5 in the upper right.

pin-1  emitter cathode, ground
pin-2  emitter anode, 680R to +5V
pin-3  sensor output, 6K8 pullup to +5V
pin-4  sensor ground
pin-5  sensor Vcc, +5V

Hamamatsu recommends a cap. larger than 0.01uF from pin-5 to
ground as near the chip as practical ... but I don't use one.

hope this helps,
- - - Nick - - -

Darkman wrote:

Does anybody have the pinouts or spec sheet for the Hamamatsu P5587 optical
sensor?

Thanks