 Robotics / Handy Board / 5722
  Re: Java and 68hc11

Check-out the Skiff project at : (URL) seem to be using Java on a 68hc11 board. (25 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Java and 68hc11 (Skiff)

Actually, the Skiff uses a StrongARM SA110 processor. The board was used this year by MIT's 6.270 robotics course in place of the 6811 design. I haven't heard how the new design worked out. Maybe someone on this list has some details (?) - Brian (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Java and 68hc11

The Skiff board actually built around a 200 mhz StrongARM processor (acquired from DEC). Fred In your message you said: (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Skiff board?

(...) Neat, but it doesn't look like the design is being released. Any way to get one of these? Thanks, Duncan (25 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Skiff board?

No, no Skiffs are available until this summer, at the earliest. I jkust tried over the past month to procure one from the Cambridge Research Lab for a project in the AI Lab here and all to no avail... (Hence the Handy Board). gms (25 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Skiff board?

I think it's going to be a Compaq product, actually. It definitely won't be released with the free licensing policy of the Handy Board. It was developed by Compaq and with the support of an MIT student who works for them. From what I know, the main (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)