 Robotics / Handy Board / 5709
Re: .asm --> .s19
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:02:51 GMT

The original IC and pcode was originally written on a Unix machine. There
are scripts and a makefile that simplify the compile procedure.

I use a Linux PC to modify the pcode all the time.  If you have access to
one, download the original pcode source file from
ftp://cherupakha.media.mit.edu/pub/projects/6270/interactive-c/source/pcode-
2.81-dist.tar.Z

Un TAR the distribution, copy your modified pcode_hb.asm to pcode.asm and type

make pcode_hb.s19

this will compile the source code to s19 format.

You may need to compile a version of AS11 (the hc11 assembler) for your
machine. You can download the source for that here
ftp://cherupakha.media.mit.edu/pub/projects/6270/interactive-c/source/as11-s
ources.tar.Z

The C compiler you need is gcc and you can use the one that comes with
Linux. It is needed a pre-process the  #INCLUDE lines in the source code.

If you don't have access to a Linux/Unix box or the above is just greek to
you, I created a distribution of the Skidmore source code to compile under
MSDOS.

You can pick up a copy from  my web site at  www.hooked.net/~jfong
goto Design and Ideas and download pcodepc2.zip.

I  added Kent Farnsworth PCODE_PC.ZIP modifications to Julian Skidmores
version of the pcode so it will compile correctly under MSDOS.
(Many thanks to Kent for doing the original port to MSDOS)

Make your code changes to the pcode.asm file instead of your version of the
pcode_hb.asm.  Pcode.asm version has the necessary #INCLUDE lines added so
it will compile right.

You may also want to download the floating point division fix (
math11routines.asm file located on the same page). Copy this version over
the one found in pcodepc2.zip.

regards,

Jim Fong