 Robotics / Handy Board / 5706
Re: .asm --> .s19
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:17:26 GMT

There is an article in DDJ on the WOOKIE 68HC11
emulator in Mar 99... There are files in
www.msoe.edu/eecs/ce/ceb/resources
including GNUs gcc C compiler with a back end
for 68HC11.. I think that it is targeted for the rug warrior.
You may need to rework the backend..
I don't know if there is a GCC version for the HB and ic
does not seem to support inline asm directives as far as
I can tell.

-Regan

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Tan <hcoe@hotmail.com>
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu <handyboard@media.mit.edu>
Cc: hcoe@hotmail.com <hcoe@hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 02, 1999 7:13 PM
Subject: .asm --> .s19

Hello
     I made some changes to the pcode_hb.asm file (by Julian
     Skidmore for the 100 steps PWM) and I need to compile/assemble
     it into a .s19 file (pcode_hb.s19) before I can download
     it onto the HandyBoard.

     It seems to me that I require both a C compiler and an
assembly language assembler as the .asm file contains more
     than mere assembly language. Do I have to first compile the
     .asm file using a C compiler (Borland C) and then assemble
     it using an assembler? (as11) How should I go about doing
     that? Can someone help me out?

     Thanks.

~shannon