 Robotics / Handy Board / 5692
    Polaroid sonar problems —Guy & Gad Berg
   hi! Our group is still struggling with the polaroid sonar. We can't get any coherent reading, only readings that are in the range 470-515, which aren't effected by the measured distance. We have the capacitor and resistor installed as required. We (...) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Polaroid sonar problems —Will Bain
     (...) I assume that your sonar pings (makes a clicking sound). If so, then you may be getting a premature echo. You might try mounting the transducer in putty to absorb vibration. You could try lengthening the blanking interval to make sure that the (...) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        RE: Polaroid sonar problems —Ted Mylenbusch
   I also found that my neon light in my magnifying lens lamp caused erroneous readings. When I turned it off or moved it away the readings normalized (gave the correct results). Shielding wasn't effective in this instance. I did completely away with (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)