 Robotics / Handy Board / 5661
Re: Another IC error: "Out of memory"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 07:32:49 GMT

Hi everyone:

    I went back and rethought this:

I don't think I'm over the 16320 byte space I have to play with on the
handyboard, because a few minutes earlier I was downloading some 13000
bytes, and that includes the libraries and icb files I'm using.  I've

I played around it it some more, removed the 'scamper' gait, and got the
size of code IC loads down to 12500 bytes, and the error is gone.  I'm not
sure if this means I have some 3k of variables, or if the 16230 "bytes free"
figure isn't up to date.

I'm loading all my code and libraries at the same time (in one .lis file),
and the 12500 number is the number of bytes sent to the handyboard during
the IC download phase.

ttyl,

William.