 Robotics / Handy Board / 5660
5659  |  5661
Subject:
Another IC error: "Out of memory"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 06:53:47 GMT

Thanks again for all the help with the "yacc" error I experienced before.
I'm having new code resourcing problems now: mainly a problem with my 1994
version 2.851 interactive c.  It loads my libraries, and I'm getting an
error: "Out of memory (tried to allocate size 64004)".

I don't think I'm over the 16320 byte space I have to play with on the
handyboard, because a few minutes earlier I was downloading some 13000
bytes, and that includes the libraries and icb files I'm using.  I've
received a couple of errors in the past about IC being critically low on
memory, and that I should check using the DOS 'mem' command.

I'm not sure if the IC program is out of memory, so I removed everything in
autoexec.bat and loaded my DOS HIGH in config.sys, and I've got some 605440
bytes conventional RAM free.  But I'm still having the problem.

When IC downloads, does the number of bytes it downloads accurately reflect
the number of bytes your program requires, or does it just include the
instructions (and not the data).  I could very well have some 3k worth of
variables, but I doubt it.

Hmm.  I guess it's time to try tightening the code, and see if that works.
BTW: the main .c file is 1700 lines long (with hundreds of comments), would
that pose a problem?

Thanks in advance.

William