 Robotics / Handy Board / 5580
5579  |  5581
Subject:
Polaroid Sonar problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 13:03:38 GMT

Hi!
I know this has been dealt with before, yet I couldn't find a good
answer in the mailing list archive.
Maybe someone could give me a hand, I've been having problems with the
sonar connected to my HB.
I followed the directions on the web page, added the capacitor on C7 and
still, when using the  function  SONAR_DISPLAY() I get values ranging
from about 400 to 600, with no apparent consistency. (readings which are
wrong when converted to distance)
I tried using one in ten readings or averaging one in three or more, but
except for a random spike every now and then, there is no change.

I would appreciate any advice or help,

Thanks in advance,
                   Guy.