 Robotics / Handy Board / 5557
5556  |  5558
Subject:
IR Sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 03:31:15 GMT

Hi everyone,

I've hooked up the QRB1114 infrared sensors to the analog input ports.
Although they appear to be operating, their values make little sense.
Whether a black or white object is placed in front of the sensor, the
Handyboard reads in a low value.  This number slowly returns to 255 as the
object is pulled further away from the sensor.  Makes for a great proximity
sensor, but not exactly what I desired.  Any suggestions????   I have it
hooked up as shown in the HandyBoard manual, 330 ohm resistor and all.
Thanks for any input.

James