 Robotics / Handy Board / 5544
5543  |  5545
Subject:
Linx Technologies RF Modem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 01:52:24 GMT

I purchased the Linx Technologies HP development kit a few months ago, and I
couldn't get the PC to communicate with the Handyboard.
After swapping the modules around a bit, I found that one of the Receiver
modules was not working. I contacted Linx, and they suggested that I talk with
one of their applications enginners...
One of the possible communications problems I can forsee, however, (even if I
get the module replaced) is that the Receiver module has a logic output of 0 -
3V. The Motorola "Pink Book" says that the HC11 uses 0 - 5V logic. I hope that
by using a NPN transistor and an inverter, I can bring the module's logic
levels up to the HC11's.
Linx recently updated their HP series modules to give a higher output, so this
might not be a problem with the newer modules. In any case, I plan to contact
Linx within the next couple of days, and see what they may suggest.
Stay tuned,

Dave
Research Assistant
New Jersey Institute of Technology