 Robotics / Handy Board / 5536
5535  |  5537
Subject:
IR ranging unit GP2D02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 17:32:19 GMT

Hi,

I got a SHARP "GP2D02". It is a optical ranging module
for a range from 10 to 80cm (4" to 32") with a resolution
of 8 bit; non-linear ( the near feeld resolution is better ).

While it looks like a perfect robot-eye, it looks
quit difficould to connect it to the handyboard.
I will need 8 short pulses to pull the bits out
of that device.
Dose anybody know if it is in principle possible to
generate a squarewave of 0.2ms wavelenght on a
handybord. Sure, the 68hc11-timers do allow it,
but since there are other timers are allready running
I have some doubts.

Thanks for any reply.