 Robotics / Handy Board / 55
Re: Porting as11_ic to mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 05:21:22 GMT

In your message you said:
IC users,
I was thinking of perhaps porting as11_ic to the mac and I think I
understand exactly what is going on in the unix script except for one
thing.  What is the C preprocessor doing?  Is the only purpose of the C
preprocessor to declare the two equates (ZERO_PAGE_START, MAIN_START)?  Or
is there an additional purpose.

all right dave!  this wpuld be a great service to the mac community.

the answer: yes, that is all the c precprocc is doing, generating 2
calls to the as11.  it assembles the user pgm at two diff points in
mem so that ic can figure out how to relocate the object code.

you need to use randy sargent's modified as11 source.

If the only reason is to add those two EQU's then that should be real easy
to do and we would soon have a mac version of as11_ic.  Any help would be
most appreciated.

i'm pretty sure this is it. enclosed are the unix scripts for as11_ic
and as11_cpp.

-fred

as11_ic:
#!/bin/csh -f
as11_cpp $argv -DZERO_PAGE_START=\$10 -DMAIN_START=\$8020
mv ${1:r}.s19 /tmp/$$1.s19
# zero page increases by 3
# main high byte increases by 7
# main low byte increases by 11
as11_cpp $argv -DZERO_PAGE_START=\$13 -DMAIN_START=\$872B - cre >/tmp/$$.cre
mv ${1:r}.s19 /tmp/$$2.s19
cat /tmp/$$1.s19 /tmp/$$2.s19 /tmp/$$.cre > ${1:r}.icb
rm /tmp/$$1.s19 /tmp/$$2.s19 /tmp/$$.cre

as11_cpp:
#!/bin/csh -f

set cpp_args=(-I/usr/local/lib/as11)
set other_args=()

foreach arg ($argv[2-])
  if ($arg =~ -D* || $arg =~ -I*) then
    set cpp_args=($cpp_args $arg)
  else
    set other_args=($other_args $arg)
  endif
end

set echo
cc -E $cpp_args ${1:r}.asm > /tmp/$$.asm
as11 /tmp/$$.asm $other_args
rm /tmp/$$.asm
mv /tmp/$$.s19 ${1:r}.s19