 Robotics / Handy Board / 5496
Re: Expansion board & V2X & sonar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 13:48:33 GMT

Hi Fred et al.

I am doing a project with a six legged robot in which  I would like to
use the Polaroid 6500 sonar and the V2X compass AT THE SAME TIME. Since
the SPI port D is tied up by the compass, I was wondering if directly
connecting the digital output-pins of the expansion board can be used to
trigger the sonar pulse and set the BINH. Will the triggering or
blanking use more than the allowed 5 mA per output? Will the timing be accurate?
Instead of poking (0x1008, 0x20) like in sonar.c could I just use
set_digital_out(x) to start the ping (and turn on BINH
in the same way)?? Would it be enough to just resolder the INIT and BINH
lines to the digital output ports of the expansion board or would I need
further modifications?

Thanks for your valuable and continued support!

                       Hannes