 Robotics / Handy Board / 5492
Re: Expansion board questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 00:12:36 GMT

Hi Duncan,
I would like to have a copy of your hbtest.c to test the expansion board.
If you could post it I bet a lot of us would use it to test.
Thanks in advance
Terry G.

----------
From: Duncan Orthner <orthner@idirect.com>
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Expansion board questions
Date: Friday, February 12, 1999 6:35 PM

At 05:28 PM 2/12/99 -0600, Clancy Nelson wrote:
I just finished my expansion board kit, it went together quite nicely
(thanks to everyone who gave me advice on its construction) but it • doesn't
seat all the way down on the Handy Board because it hits the crystal • which
protrudes above the the other components on the HB, is this normal or is • the
crystal on my HB taller then normal?, it lack about 3/16'' of going all • the
way down.

Hi Clancy,
      Sounds like your HB has a full height crystal. I think a half • height
one is in the specs, if you're worried about it switch it with a shorter
version. You could also use a ceramic resonator, they're shorter than the
crystal.

Also, is there procedure for testing the expansion board?.

I rewrote Fred's hbtest.c to check the new analog and digital inputs, and • I
have a short routine that lets you rotate the servos with the knob(). Let
me know if you're interested...

Best, Duncan