 Robotics / Handy Board / 5487
    Stepper Motor —simon
   Hi, I have a question. Can i use stepper motors to drive my robot platform ? Do i need a gear ? I'd like to use stepper motors instead of normal ones, because I would not need any shaft encoders. And I think stepper motors do not cause so much noise (...) (26 years ago, 14-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Stepper Motor —F. Garancher
   (...) You can get some from old printers or scanners but I think they are rated for 24V (...) For Eurobot 97 ,some robots were using stepper motors. On Internet, there was also a guy who explained how to build a robot from a floppy drive. As far as (...) (26 years ago, 14-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)