 Robotics / Handy Board / 5478
Re: Expansion board questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 00:35:25 GMT

At 05:28 PM 2/12/99 -0600, Clancy Nelson wrote:
I just finished my expansion board kit, it went together quite nicely
(thanks to everyone who gave me advice on its construction) but it doesn't
seat all the way down on the Handy Board because it hits the crystal which
protrudes above the the other components on the HB, is this normal or is the
crystal on my HB taller then normal?, it lack about 3/16'' of going all the
way down.

Hi Clancy,
      Sounds like your HB has a full height crystal. I think a half height
one is in the specs, if you're worried about it switch it with a shorter
version. You could also use a ceramic resonator, they're shorter than the
crystal.

Also, is there procedure for testing the expansion board?.

I rewrote Fred's hbtest.c to check the new analog and digital inputs, and I
have a short routine that lets you rotate the servos with the knob(). Let
me know if you're interested...

Best, Duncan