 Robotics / Handy Board / 5369
5368  |  5370
Subject:
A few questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 02:14:33 GMT

Hello all,

I have gotten both a Handy Board and an expansion board and they both appear
to work. My servo problem reported earlier is no longer an issue.

I plan to use the HB with two High Power gear box/motor sets I got from HVW
Technologies. They seem like they will work ok but I am not so sure if they
are 100% compatable with the Board. By that I mean there was no info in the
gearbox/motor kits that specified voltage or amps for the motors and don't
want to shorten the life of the Board. Does any one have any experience with
these Motor/gearbox sets (mfg. bt Tamiya)? Any tips on how to use them
safely?

Also, maybe its the ratings on the motors, but the motor function that
allows you to specify power levels appears to only turn it full on. I dont
want them running that fast. Any tips here?

Finally, I want to use the board with a full time battery backup that wont
be drained by motors, etc. Is there a way to isolate the processor battery
from the rest of the board?

Thanks for all your help out there... great job, Mr. Martin.

Bob K.