 Robotics / Handy Board / 5361
    RE: Handyboard Expansion Sonar Issues —Stephen Michael
   To anyone who can help: I too have contructed the HB expansion board. All i/o ports appear to work. The servo controllers appear to work well also. However, like Ranjit, I'm having Polaroid Sonar problems. I got this as a kit from Wirtz Electronics. (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Handyboard Expansion Sonar Issues —Fred G. Martin
     did you put the capacitor c7 (0.1uf) in the sonar board, as indicated in the directions? if not, plesae do so and let me know if this solves your problem. fred In your message you said: (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Handyboard Expansion Sonar Issues
   There is a very high probability that you plugged the foil cable in backwards. Doing so, even for a moment, will destroy the IC chips. It will still click (I haven't figured that one out yet), but the IC chips and possibly even the electrolytic (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Handyboard Expansion Sonar Issues —Nick Taylor
   (...) Please explain. Now I'm worried about damaging my sonar board. Since the foil cable has conductors on only one side, I didn't think that it was possible to plug it in "backwards" and still make an electrical connection. My understanding of the (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Handyboard Expansion Sonar Issues —William Bain
     (...) It's possible that the flat flex cable could make electrical contact either way, since the socket has "teeth" in it that could penetrate the insulation on the one side of the cable. And *don't* trust that the dotted edge is the correct one; I (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: Handyboard Expansion Sonar Issues —Nick Taylor
     Bill - - Thanks! - - - Nick - - - (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Handyboard Expansion Sonar Issues
   The quickest check is to go from V+ of the diode string and see if continuity to pin 1 of TL851 and pin 5 of SN28784 are less than 5 ohms. Similarly check from ground of your power connector to pin 3 of TL851 and pin 16 of SN28784 are less than 5 (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)