 Robotics / Handy Board / 5354
5353  |  5355
Subject:
NVRAM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 11:40:01 GMT

Hi!

Here is Cesar Mello, from Brazil. I'd like to know if there is any NVRAM
version of the 62256 chip, or any other solution smaller than the external
batteries, or if it's possible to keep Interactive C and the user program
loaded in an EPROM. I've mounted my Handy Board without batteries, so when I
turn it off...

This is my third day with the Handy Board and I'm more and more loving it...
I've started making a serial protocol for it, but I think I should wait for
the LCD as it will be much easier to debug. Yesterday me and my colleague
made some experiences with a stepper motor, it worked very well. The only
problem I've seen is with digital inputs 3, 4 and 5, they don't seem to
work, stand always in 0. Should this be some problem related to the non-LCD
version of pcode_hb.s19?

Another doubt I have is related to the MC68HC711E9. Do I need an EPROM
programmer to put software in it? There is a bargain here but I have to buy
23 pieces, so I need to know about this. Any suggestions? Maybe speaking
more clearly, I'd like to know if I can save a program to its EPROM using a
downloader like DL, by the mcu serial port.

Thank you a lot for the attention.

See you,
Cesar