 Robotics / Handy Board / 533
532  |  534
Subject:
hb basic questions.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 18:40:04 GMT

Well this is my first post and my first look at the handy board. I have a
couple of basic questions, sorry if this is maybe asking for the obvious but
I didn't find answers to these on the web nor in the archive. Anyway thanks
already for all and any help I may get.

**Is the 8 MHz crystal series or parallel resonance? The mouser ref# (from
the part list) is not in their catalog anymore.

**Is there any other sources for the handy-boards than the "official ones",
just e-mail me direct if you sell boards (or have a spare one you want to
sell or give away or trade!).

**What are the actual "hot" suppliers for the 68HC11 and hard to find
components? Where did you find one lately at a good price?

**What varieties can the handy-board use?

68HC11A1FN and 68HC11E1FN for sure
68HC811E2FN I think is ok.
68HC711E9FN ??

What I would like to confirm is if all of them work the same, i.e. if
downloaders and other soft available work for all, no problem to configure
the registers...
Especially for the E9: I know I won't be able to use the EPROM with the
handy-board, but besides this, can I just plug it on the board and have it
behave like a E1?

**Is there any specific reason to use female headers?
Everything I've come across so far uses male header on the board and female
connectors. The female PCB headers are in the "hard to find" list!

Bernard.

-----
Bernard Seront, seront@seism1.ess.sunysb.edu
http://rock.ess.sunysb.edu:8080/