 Robotics / Handy Board / 5321
Re: what variety of 6811 can be used?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:05:18 GMT

Steve - - -

As a HandyBoard *old timer* (I've had mine for almost two months) I've
found that the best source of 68HC11 info is Motorola.  Their
documentation
is *free*.  Here are 3 manuals that are a must:
M68HC11RM/AD Reference Manual
MC68HC11A8/D Technical Manual
MC68HC11A8RG/AD Programming Reference Guide
All three are available at:
http://www.mot-sps.com/home/lit_ord.html

- - - Nick - - -

Steve Owens wrote:

Dear Handy Board Enthusiasts:

I'm new to the Handy Board (stumbled over it about two weeks ago).  I
understand that there are many types of 68HC11 chips--e.g., 68HC11A1FN,
68HC11A8, 68HC11 E series, and so on.

I know that the 'A1FN is used in the design, but can others be
substituted with minimal or no extra effort?  If so, then which chips in
particular can be substituted.  I'm interested in using the 68HC11E1
because of its 512 bytes of RAM.

By the way, what does the "FN" in "68HC11A1FN" signify?

Thank-you for thinking back to your "development" days and answering a
couple of basic questions.

Steve