 Robotics / Handy Board / 5304
  Will the SN754410 support...

I am trying to determine whether the SN754410 motor drivers will support two small DC motors. (without killing the IC's or motor) Or will I need to add a power amplification circuit. The motors are rated @ 6v ?A. Test show that they pull 0.35A (...) (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Will the SN754410 support...

if the worst-case current is 1.5A, you're probably OK -- the SN754410's have thermal protection for over-current conditions. they're rated for an amp continuous, so you're not too far out of bounds. one cause for concern is if the 1.5A measure is (...) (26 years ago, 2-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)