 Robotics / Handy Board / 5303
5302  |  5304
Subject:
Native 68HC11 C Compiler Followup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 22:47:25 GMT

For those who asked me for more information about the Introl Compiler
and my code, I have created a web page which can be found at

http://pweb.netcom.com/~capriola/MicroRTOS/index.htm

A little background:

I had originally planned to release this code back in August.  However,
at that time, Introl had just removed the demo compiler from their ftp
site pending release of a new version.  This situation continued over a
number of months.  I now see that they have released the new version of
the compiler, and the demo is once again available. Unfortunately, I
have not had the time to install the new version and try it with my
code.  It is entirely possible that the new version contains additional
restrictions that could make it unusable for this project.  If any brave
soul is able to get this working with the newest version, please let me
know.

As I mentioned in my original post, I had written a basic multitasking
executive for the Handyboard using the Introl demo compiler.  I did this
simply to learn more about microcontrollers and real-time operating
systems. I had a lot of fun doing it, but lately have not had the time
to keep working on it.  If anybody finds this code useful and extends or
improves it, please send the changes to me and I will include them in
the distribution.

-Tim Myrtle
tfm@ix.netcom.com