 Robotics / Handy Board / 5299
Re: HB failure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 16:50:05 GMT

the buzzing indicates that the LCD isn't connected right (or is dead,
as you are guessing).

first, please be sure that all 14 pins of the LCD are inserted
properly into the LCD connector.

then (if still probs), try downloading Kent Farnsworth's replacement
pcode_hb.s19 file from:

http://el.www.media.mit.edu/projects/handy-board/software/contrib/kent/no_lcd/

this will let your handy board work properly if the LCD screen is
broken/not plugged in.

fred

In your message you said:

Gleason Research wrote:

Dear Mike:

We got a Handy Board from you about a month ago.  When my son was using
it
he removed the LCD screen from the HB while it was powered on. No the
LCD screen does not work.  Also, after dowloading the pcode_hb,s19 file
the interactive C does not start up.

The first thing to try might be to reset the config register.
Instructions for this are in the Handy Board Technical Reference which
came with the system. (The fact that the LCD screen does not seem to work
is probably due to the pcode_hbs19 not being loaded properly, not a
hardware problem. Of course, make sure that the LCD screen is seated
properly, with its 14 pins in the right places.) Please let us know if
this does not solve the problem.

Best regards,
Wanda Gleason

**********
Gleason Research
P.O. Box 1247
Arlington MA 02474 USA
phone/fax: 781-641-2551
http://www.gleasonresearch.com
info@gleasonresearch.com

Thanks for your response.  When we load the pcode_hb.s19file with the
right CONFIG it seems to load properly.  We then turn the HB off and back
on and try to load the Interactive C. This does not work at the
computer says "attempting to linkt to board on port com1
Synchronizing with board ..."

no repsonse from this.   The LCD screen is blank during tis time.

Help  ?

PS The buzzer is turned on with a light pitch for the entire time.

Mike Howard
howvin@ncal.verio.com