 Robotics / Handy Board / 5291
5290  |  5292
Subject:
infrared distance sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 20:43:24 GMT

Hi,
I've just received a Sharp Digital Infra-Red Ranging System (GP2D02) and
I'd like to connect it to the handyboard.  The device clocks the data in
on a digitial input but requires the clocking pulses to be no longer
than 200 microseconds.  This would appear to preclude me from simply
peeking and poking the PA7 digital output port to control the clocking
since each statement in IC takes roughly a millisecond.

Has anyone written an assembler routine to clock the data in from this
device?

Thanks,
Barry

Barry Brouillette