 Robotics / Handy Board / 5287
Re: ** voltage dropping and current limitting**
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 23:29:11 GMT

Dear Mike,
I believe the 16 V is rms value. If you attach a capacitor
across the bridge rectifier under no load condition(output terminals are
open), the capacitor gets charged not to 16 V rms but to the maximum value
ie Vm=16*2^0.5 which is about 22 V.This could be the problem.
Yours sincerely,
    Nitin