 Robotics / Handy Board / 5188
5187  |  5189
Subject:
ROVER
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 00:38:20 GMT

Dear Mr Fred Martin/friends,
We have run into some strange problems.Whenever we download the
pcode_hb.s19 to the handy board using dl.exe we first get it is loading
bootstrap program then the pcode.It shows the loading by a series of dots
and dashes. Does anyone know what the dots and dashes represent? It writes
'done' after downloading. In one case,I have found that the word done is
split on two lines- one at the end of one line and other at the beginning
of the next line, in the next case 'done' is at the beginning of one line.
In second case therefore the no of dots are more.Does this mean that the
hb is downloading something less in the first case ?I have seen that in the
second case the hb always works but in the first case it does not.Does the
no of dots have to do anything with which OS we are using?
Also after downloading,on reset,the beeper seems to be stuck and it
continuously beeps(in first case where 'done' is on two lines).What is
wrong?
There is a 74HC04 chip on the hb.When it is tested on the digital
IC tester it says it is fine but on the hb it does not work.When it in on
the hb the red BATT LED starts glowing for no reason.We noted this when
the handy board was working fine and IC was booting.(ie in the second
case when the hb was working fine and 'done' was on the one line)
Please reply as soon as possible.We have only few hours to complete
the rover project. The exhibition for which the project is being prepared
starts at 10:00 tommorow(Indian Standard Time).
Yours Sincerely,
    Nitin