 Robotics / Handy Board / 5099
Re: HB and Acceleration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 18:32:42 GMT

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Max Davies wrote:

Phil wrote:

Hello,
        Does anyone here know how acceleration will affect the operaion of
a handyboard, and also will sudden changes in altitude (like, 3,000 feet
in less than ten seconds) affect it's operation? I have a High Power
Rocketry launch coming up in May, and I'm desinging a payload that will be
controlled/documented by my HB so I need to know how much the HB can take.

        And no, it is *not* a guided missile with a warhead!

                -philsky

I presume that you are not planning on using my infrared control software!
Good luck in your project, it sounds like fun.  Wanna tell us more about it?

/Max

Most likely not, Max, unless I save up a lot of money and get a
daVinci organizer or something like that and write up a donwlink
program... :-)

There's this thing here in Wisconsin (And in Michigan and Iowa)
called "Rockets for Schools" It lets students launch high power rockets,
rockets with motors that need special certification because of their high
power. So I have this 5 foot tall rocket sitting above my desk that we
flew last year with a radio transmitter in it just to hear the motor fire.
this year, I want to desing a payload to analyze the flight, etc. things
like the spinrate of the vehicle, possibly acceleration, and perhaps
monitoring some other things like temperature. Just wanted to make sure
the HB was up for the job.
Just FYI, rockets for schools is a REALLY neat thing! They launch
the rocket for $50, that includes 2 days worth of fun. There are some
rocket and electronic vendors, information groups and college recruiters
there. Not to mention watching a SuperLoki launch (it's a big old sounding
rocket).....

-phil