 Robotics / Handy Board / 5058
5057  |  5059
Subject:
servo help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 21:59:29 GMT

    I could really use some help connecting a Futaba 3101 microservo.  I
bought the micro servo to reduce the weight instead of the standard S148
servo.  Anyway, I connected the red line to the HB +5V supply on the SPI
expansion header.  The black wire to the -Batt connection on the power
expansion header and the white control to digital input 9 on the top row.  I
loaded the file servo_a7.icb onto the board.  However the servo keeps using
it's full travel and then binding at the end causing too much current to be
drawn and resetting the board (I am running the board off a 9V battery to
save weight.)  I tried changed the servo_a7_pulse constant to many different
values but could not find the correct range.  Has anyone connected this
servo to the HB before or know what I am doing wrong?  Thanks

Bill Denzel

Senior Mechatronics Student
California Polytechnic State University
     San Luis Obispo