 Robotics / Handy Board / 5057
Re: INTERACTIVE C
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 05:50:20 GMT

We have developed a library of functions so that one can write HB-style
code and run it either on the HB or compile it with the library and run
it on a PC. It hasn't been thoroughly debugged, but works consistently
(There are some timing issues that need to be fixed.) It implements the
basic functions (reading sensors, controlling motors, making sounds,
printing to the LCD) but none of the threads, etc. The printf from the
HB was changed to "print" so that "printf" is the standard printf on the
PC. A couple of small changes, but most code which runs on the HB can
run on the PC.

You can find it at: http://brainstem.uark.edu/software/ under the
HandyBoard section.

We use this system so that we can integrate vision with our
Handyboard-based robots relatively painlessly (we use Quickcams which
have a lot of support under Linux and Windows).

-Doug Blank

Chuck McManis wrote:

If you use icc11 (a cross compiler, not an interpreted compiler) for the
handyboard (they have a library for controlling the handyboard) then
printf() calls write to the PC and lcd_write calls write to the LCD.
--Chuck

icc11 is available from www.imagecraft.com relatively inexpensively.