 Robotics / Handy Board / 4959
Re: HandyBoard Build it yourself
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 21:52:32 GMT

Hi folks!

Here is my current shop list, as soon as I have my Handyboard here I'll try
to make a complete shop list.

1) First option: buy the unassembled kit from Pattrick Hui's Robot Store in
Hong Kong. Order by mail huip@hkstar.com. The standard unassembled price is
US$ 170.00, I bought the kit with a registered Interactive C that costs US$
190.00. Very nice option for who has the money.  Mr. Hui is very cool. PS: I
think it comes without the batteries, take a look at the site.

2) Build it yourself: I'll place the components I'm importing from USA here.
I'm not including the motor drivers because I plan to use the handyboard for
data acquisition and maybe to replace a Siemens S7 315 PLC! This is a
Handyboard option for poor people as me, so I'm including only the
essentials. The capacitors and resistors aren't included too, because this I
can buy here in Brazil.

PS: I'm researching this from Brazil only through the Internet, so maybe you
can find something wrong. If someone wants me to send news please tell me.

Supplier: BG Micro
Phone: 1-800-276-2206
Fax: 972-271-2462

List of components for BG Micro: catalog code, description, price, quantity

SOC52PLCC, 52-pin plcc socket, $ 1.29, 1
ICS62256, 32k x 8 memory, $ 2.99, 1
ICSHC04, 74HC04, $0.25, 1
ICSHC132, 74HC132, $0.45, 1
ICSHC138, 74HC138, $0.35, 3
ICSHC244, 74HC244, $0.60, 1
ICSHC373, 74HC373, $0.60, 2
ICSHC374, 74HC374, $0.60, 1
ICSMAX232, MAX232, $1.65, 2
ICS68HC11A1, 68HC11A1FN, $6.95, 1

// don't include this: ACS1170, Panasonic Credit Card Reader, $1.95, 1

Supplier: Douglas Electronics
San Leandro, CA
Phone +1 510 483-8770
Fax +1 510 483-6453

Components in Douglas Electronics:
1 Handy Board PCB, $ 16.00
1 Serial and Batt. Ch. for Handy Board: $ 8.00

Supplier: Timeline
Phone: 310-784-5488

Components: 1 Hitachi LM052L LCD $ 8.00

Supplier: Insight
1-800-677-6011

DS1233-10 integrated circuit, around $ 2.00

Hope this can help somebody!

Thank you for the attention.

See you,
Cesar