 Robotics / Handy Board / 4956
Re: Position Control Question ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 15:59:44 GMT

     Thanks for your reply.

     To answer your question about position control, let me describe my
application. I have an Handyboard, stepper motor, and a linear system
(ball-screw), and I would like to control the position of the part
mounted on the nut of the ball-screw (x).

     Hence, I will be using only one stepper motor, and I will very
appreciate it if you can tell me what type of stepper motor is more
suitable (single pole or dual), and is there any programs already ready
to control those motors.

     I am also wondering about the position error of the stepper motor,
is it repeatable or how good is its position accuracy.

Baraki
Can you be more specific?

What do you mean by position control?  If you are talking about an X-Y • table
it should be easy with a couple of Steppers.

Please repost to the listserver.

Gerald