 Robotics / Handy Board / 4897
Re: two way radio question and data link
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 16:42:48 GMT

Hi folks!

I've found Terri Cherr's idea of using VHF data modules excellent, not only
to exchange voice, but to communicate to a host computer also. The "robot"
could send sensoring information to a computer (or even another robot) and
receive commands. Now grab a webcam (or better, an infrared webcam) to the
robot and you'll have a very interesting toy.

Still waiting ansiously for my handy board here in Brazil, but I have other
plans than making a robot with it (I plan to use it as a small plc with data
acquisition).

As soon as I get it I plan to make some protocols for it, like Modbus and
TCP/IP.

See you,
Cesar